YGB is on the move and we love bringing in dynamic people who have a passion for youth services and who are committed to our mission.
YOU GOTTA BELIEVE! The Older Child Adoption & Permanency Movement, Inc. SENIOR DIRECTOR OF FAMILY PERMANENCY SERVICES
You Gotta Believe works to find permanent parents and families for kids in the foster care system with an expertise in working with young adults, teens, and pre-teens to achieve permanency. We envision a day when no child is asked to face adulthood alone and every child leaving foster care is connected to an unconditionally committed, loving and permanent family. We believe that no child, teen or young adult is unadoptable and that every young person has the right to the permanent and unconditional support of a lifetime parent. We envision a day when nobody ages out at all.
YGB has 2 distinct programs:
1. YGB’s program works with NYC foster care agencies to find parents for older youth in their foster boarding and residential care programs who are at risk of aging out of care and are in need of a permanent family. These youth usually remain under the direct supervision of their foster care agency and YGB has limited authority over the placement.
2. YGB’s adoption program trains, matches and supports parents adopting kids from foster care of any age from locations outside of NYC across NYS and out of state. These homes will be supervised by YGB under contract with the referring County or State and have more responsibility over the family and youth.
— For each of these programs, the foundation is the creation of a pool of foster/adoptive parents who are trained to be unconditionally committed to any child placed with them regardless of the child’s legal status or challenges they encounter after placement.
Description of Position:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Sr. Director of Family Permanency Services will have administrative responsibility for execution of business aspects of You Gotta Believe’s strategic plan as it relates to program matters. Must have or quickly develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
● Strategy: develop and adjust business plan on an ongoing basis in partnership with ED and board; responsible for developing measurements of success and tracking results
● Board Management: work collaboratively and engage working board and its committees in order to move program strategies forward
● Operations: responsible for effective functioning of day to day program operations and management of consultants working on program aspects
● Finance: work with ED on overseeing all financial aspects of the program operations in partnership with Director of Finance; report to board on financial health and long term projections in the area of program operations
● Development: work closely with the Development Team to explore possible funding sources for the various aspects of the program; let Development Team know of the specific needs of the program to maintain smooth functioning; advise Development Team of wishes to expand operations that might be costly, provide development whatever they need in terms of program to make the ask.
● Brand & Marketing: provide what information is needed to contribute to media plans and social media marketing including ecommending youth and families willing to participate in public events, do storytelling for the organization, willing to have pictures used and publicized, all with an eye toward increasing reach and motivating supportive action including reposting, donating and/or attending classes to become a parent;
● Advocacy: deepen relationships with elected officials and government agencies, particularly Administration of Children’s Services and The New York City Council and other elected influential political figures to ensure funding and secure contracts; work with partner High Schools to enlist students in advocacy efforts and to expand network; cultivate relationships with nonprofits serving similar populations including Homelessness and LGBTQ organizations
● Strategic Partner Relationships: work in tandem with program team to cultivate a consultative relationship with partner agencies; develop contracts with clear deliverables and manage effective communication with partner’s senior staff
● Metrics: work with program staff to ensure accurate tracking of youth progress and outcomes to prove efficacy of permanency program; develop metrics to be used for funding and to motivate child welfare world to focus on family as the primary solution for older kids
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
You Gotta Believe! promotes equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We don’t discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, sex, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression; physical characteristics, marital or domestic partnership status, medical or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Our policies and personnel practices are intended to ensure that all of us are treated equally with regard to recruiting, hiring, and advancement, and our decisions on employment are made to further the principle of equal employment opportunities for employees.