2022 National Symposium on Moral Adoption
Explore the solution for every youth in foster care -- connection to a permanent, loving family!
You Gotta Believe presents the 2022 National Symposium on Moral Adoption
Thursday, November 10th 12pm ET to 3pm ET
On November 10th, child welfare leaders, foster care survivors, families, and other stakeholders gathered for a conversation around the solution for every youth in foster care -- connection to a permanent, loving family! Watch highlights below
Admission is free of charge. Registration requested.
What exactly is Moral Adoption?
Families share personal stories, including perspectives from youth and parents who have come together through moral adoption.
Policymakers and related stakeholders discuss the long term outcomes for youth who age out of foster care
Stay tuned as we announce our full schedule
and list of speakers featuring:
- Mary Keane Senior Advisor Family Permanency Services, You Gotta Believe
- Pat O’Brien, Executive Director, Adoptive and Foster Family Coalition of New York; Founder, You Gotta Believe]
- Jennifer Pinder, Executive Director, You Gotta Believe
- Bryan Post Founder, The Post Institute for Family-Centered Therapy
- Keema Davis Foster Care Survivor
- Guy Bryant Parent
- Mike Plumb Adoption Analyst & Guardianship Assistance Coordinator, State of Oregon
- Juan Battle Ph.D. Presidential Professor, Graduate Center, C.U.N.Y. Board of Trustees Chair, You Gotta Believe
With recorded commentary from:
- Jeremy C. Kohomban, Ph.D. President and CEO, The Children’s Village
- Sixto Cancel Chief Executive Director and Founder, Think of Us
- Allison David Maxon, MS Executive Director, National Center on Adoption and Permanency and co-author of Seven Core Issues in Adoption and Permanency: A Guide to Promoting Understanding and Healing in Adoption, Foster Care, Kinship Families and Third Party Reproduction
- Michelle Chalmers, MSW, LISW co-founder, Ampersand Families