YGB is on the move and we love bringing in dynamic people who have a passion for youth services and who are committed to our mission.
Data Entry Specialist
Date Completed: July 8, 2022
Job Title: Data Entry Specialist
Department: Quality Assurance
Location: Coney Island Office
Position Salary/Rate: $23 per hour – 21 hours per week
Reports to: Quality Assurance Director and Associate Director of Operations
You Gotta Believe wants to ensure we have all of our client’s contact information in electronic format. We are looking for a conscientious data entry specialist who can sort through large quantities of paper records to gather client contact information- stored at the You Gotta Believe’s office in Coney Island, Brooklyn – and transfer the data into an electronic database. To ensure the success of this project, you should have a proficient understanding of the importance of accurate filling and maintaining an accurate record-keeping system. Preferred candidates are proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite, focused, organized, and
● Travel to the YGB office in Coney Island, Brooklyn 3 to 4 times a week to access client paper records in the file room and conduct work tasks as described.
● In a timely manner and with a high degree of accuracy, transfer client contact data from paper records into a dynamic electronic spreadsheet.
● Design and complete a paper “Record Face Sheet” to file within each paper record reviewed.
● Organize the paper records in the file cabinets after review; the face sheet is completed and client contact data is transferred into the electronic dynamic spreadsheet.
● Verify data by comparing it to source documents and perform regular checks to ensure data preservation.
● Ensure electronic format protects confidential information.
● Engage in regular communication and meetings with the Quality Assurance Director and project leads on the progress of overall work and share electronic documents.
● Complete additional assigned tasks as needed.
● Strong technical experience, preferably operating database systems, strong knowledge, and practice using Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
● Demonstrate experience in sorting through large quantities of paper records to find targeted client information and transfer it into electronic format.
● Proficient in oral and written English communication.
● Efficient organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
● Perform repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
● Effective multitasker; prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines.
● Work independently while effectively collaborating with YGB stakeholders.
● Adaptable to changing environments, and tasks and handling multiple priorities.
● Experience in operating office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices.
● Knowledge of the child welfare system.
● High School diploma is required. A college degree is preferred
● Adhere to the organization’s policy and protocols.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
● Able to lift approximately 10-15 lbs (boxes of client files).
● Must be able to travel to YGB’s Coney Island, Brooklyn office to work on the project.
● Able to work independently and communicate the progress of project tasks regularly.
● Must be able to ensure the confidentiality of the work being done.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
You Gotta Believe! promotes equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We don’t discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, sex, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression; physical characteristics, marital or domestic partnership status, medical or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Our policies and personnel practices are intended to ensure that all of us are treated equally with regard to recruiting, hiring, and advancement, and our decisions on employment are made to further the principle of equal employment opportunities for employees.